Our 12-page trip planner has all the information you need to start planning a vacation to Yosemite National Park and surrounding destinations. Here are the highlights of what's included.
- 4 road trip suggestions with launching points in California and Las Vegas
- Park entrance primer and why you should choose each one
- General overview map of the park
- Tips about the top six things to do in the park
- Yosemite wildlife guide
- What to expect for weather, entrance fees plus a packing list
- Lodging options in the park and where to make reservations
The mailed packet also comes with brochures, coupons and deals from nearby attractions and destinations.
You'll also start receiving our Sunday national parks newsletter and occasional emails about destinations on the way - unsubscribe at anytime.
Added Bonus: Receive email and/or mail directly from our vacation partners by selecting a partner destination at the bottom of the form.
Featured Vacation Partners:
Yosemite Area Partners
- Yosemite Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals - Vacation homes, cabins and condominium lodging, many within the gates of historic Yosemite National Park. Choose from over 100 properties in three locations: Yosemite West, Wawona in Yosemite, and the Oakhurst-Bass Lake area.
- GyPsy Guide - Get the driving app that’s like having a tour guide in your car. GyPSy Guide automatically plays interesting and entertaining commentary as you go.
- Yosemite/Mariposa County - Experience four seasons of adventure in Yosemite and Mariposa County.
- Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite - A Frommer’s Guide ‘Favorite’ and ‘Highly Recommended’ by Fodor’s, this newly expanded historic resort provides the perfect mix of recreation, relaxation and indulgence, with spacious cabins in the woods, indoor/outdoor dining, classic tavern, pool/hot tub, nightly activities and guided recreation.
- Visit Yosemite | Madera County - Experience California’s Gateway to Yosemite and discover the Fossils to Falls Trail with our award winning Visitors Guide!
- Yosemite Area Regional Transportation - Comfortable, Convenient, Economical Public Transit to Yosemite National Park. Watch the scenery, not the road!
- Tuolumne County – Yosemite Gold Country - Your north entrance to Yosemite National Park. Begin your four-season vacationland adventures here among historic towns, wineries, fun dining, great lodging, excellent entertainment and exceptional scenery!
- Majestic Mountain Loop - A suggested itinerary for visitors to see three of California’s National Parks in as little as three days – Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Yosemite.
- Tenaya Lodge - Discover Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, your Yosemite experience elevated. After a day filled with Yosemite adventure, relax in the comforts of newly-renovated guestrooms and a world-class Spa.
- Amtrak San Joaquins - Avoid traffic, get into Yosemite for free and enjoy California craft beer and regional wines along the way.
Central Valley Partners
- Oakdale, California - Rustic Oakdale is the Cowboy Capital of the World, chock-full of farmland, fresh and artisan foods, hiking rails, and handmade crafts. And of course, cowboy hats and rodeo.
- Stockton, California - Stockton is where rivers and culture come together! See classic paintings at the Haggin Museum, including Albert Bierstadt's landscapes of Yosemite.
- Modesto, California - Explore this fun town where filmmaker George Lucas was born and where the E.&J. Gallo Winery, the largest family winery in the United States, is based.
San Francisco Partners
- San Francisco's Tri-Valley - Located 30 miles east of Fisherman’s Wharf, SF’s Tri-Valley enjoys an average of 264 days of sunshine a year, making it “the sunny side of the Bay.”
- Alcatraz Cruises - Exlore home to Al “Scarface” Capone and other notorious criminals at Alcatraz, one of the country’s most infamous federal prisons on the only authorized concessionaire for ferrying passengers to the island.
- Blue & Gold Fleet - See the San Francisco Bay on an adrenaline-filled, 50-mile-per-hour Rocket Boat ride or take a slower cruise to view the city’s skyline.
Coastal California Partners
- Explore Lompoc - Grapevines stretch across farms in this area historically known for its Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. Visit Art Alley or the La Purisima Mission State Historic Park.
- Ventura County Coast - After exploring Channel Islands National Park, enjoy the beaches, trails, whale watching, and historic sites in Oxnard, Camarillo, Hueneme and Ventura.
- Ventura Visitors Bureau - Ventura rests between the Channel Islands National Park & the National Marine Sanctuary just off shore, the foothills of The Los Padres National Forest and two of California's longest flowing open rivers.
- City of Pismo Beach - Pismo Beach is Classic California. Our beach town offers affordable ocean front accommodations, romantic sunsets, Premium Outlet shopping, wine tasting and fresh seafood. Perfect getaway!
- Gilroy Welcome Center - Visit the Garlic Capital of the World. Taste garlic-laced dishes at our numerous restaurants; stroll through historic downtown followed by a shopping spree at Gilroy Premium Outlets.
- Santa Maria Valley - Welcome to the Santa Maria Valley, where world-famous barbecue, fine wines, natural splendors and cultural riches have cultivated our reputation as the “Land of Food and Wine” in Northern Santa Barbara County.
- Cima Collina Winery - Cima Collina crafts artisan wines from hand-selected fruit grown in small Monterey County vineyards.
- Highway 1 Discovery Route - See the best of California’s breathtaking coast in San Luis Obispo County on Hwy. 1 Discovery Route. Along the 101 miles, you’ll find three wine regions, 10 uncrowded beaches and 12 state parks, including the Hearst Castle, and numerous charming towns.
- Ventura Harbor Village - Base out of Ventura Harbor Village for easy access to Channel Islands National Park, a gorgeous beach and a lively seaside experience.
- Conejo Valley - Feel at home, while getting away. Enjoy a hike, visit a historic ranch, take to the golf course, lounge by the pool, catch a show, or go wine tasting.
Tours & Tour Operators
- Wildland Trekking Guided Hiking Vacations - Go on an unforgettable hiking vacation. There's a tour that fits nearly anyone who loves to hike in world-renowned, breathtaking landscapes.
- Lasting Adventures - Yosemite backpacking trips, day hikes, and outdoor youth summer camps. Yosemite's #1 backcountry tour guide focusing on memories to last a lifetime.
- GyPSy Guide Yosemite Driving Tour App - Listen to an expert tour guide automatically play interesting and entertaining commentary as you go.
- National Parks Photography Workshop Series and Photo Contests - Experience national parks in a way that very few people ever will.