This trip starting in San Francisco takes you to an infamous island prison, the garlic capital of the world, historic Gold Rush towns and finally to Yosemite National Park. Enter this sweepstakes from Dec 17, 2020 to Feb 23, 2021.
Here’s the Trip We Planned for You!
- Start: San Francisco
- Take a Cruise to Alcatraz Island
- Experience Flavors and Shopping in Gilroy
- Stay in Three Historic Hotels in Tuolumne County on the Western Edge of Yosemite
- Hike in Yosemite National Park with Wildland Trekking
Start: San Francisco
- $200 Visa Gift Card for a one or two-night stay in San Francisco
Take a Cruise to Alcatraz Island with Alcatraz Cruises
- Two adult day tour tickets to Alcatraz Island with Alcatraz Cruises, the only authorized concessioner that brings visitors on the island – www.alcatrazcruises.com
Experience Flavors and Shopping in Gilroy
- 1-night, one room stay at the Hilton Garden Inn
- Family pack (admission for 4) to Gilroy Gardens
- $250 gift card for shopping at Gilroy Premium Outlets
- $100 gift certificate to The Milias Restaurant
- View more information at VisitGilroy.com
Stay in Three Historic Hotels in Tuolumne County on the Western Edge of Yosemite
- 1-night, one room stay at Groveland Hotel in Groveland (standard room, double occupancy, blackout dates may apply, two night minimum stay)
- 1-night, one room stay at Hotel Lumberjack in Sonora (standard room, double occupancy, blackout dates may apply)
- 1-night, one room stay at McCaffrey House B&B in Twaine Harte (standard room, double occupancy, not valid holidays or weekends)
- $50 gift card to Emberz Restaurant
- View more information at VisitTuolumne.com
Hike in Yosemite with Wildland Trekking
- Your choice of day hike tour for two people guided by Wildland Trekking. Pick from hikes such as Cloud’s Rest, Vernal and Nevada Falls, Panorama Trail, Upper Yosemite Falls, Cathedral Lakes, Taft Point and Sentinel Dome. (Trip dates based on availability. Reservation must be made directly with Wildland Trekking sixty (60) days or more in advance of desired trip dates.)
- View more information at wildlandtrekking.com/yosemite-day-hiking-tours/
End: Return to San Francisco
2022 Winner: Mary Probst of Breckenridge, Colo.
2021 Winner: Christa Vandarwarka from Windcrest, Texas
2020 Winner: Braden Jahr from Saginaw, Mich.
2019 Winner: Joseph Newsome from Greenville, N.C.
2018 Winner: Abhishek Das of Cupertino, Calif.
2017 Winner: Kotaro Ohashi, Brooklyn, N.Y.
2016 Winner: David Thoele, Downers Grove, Ill.