This trip starting in San Francisco takes you to Yosemite National Park and then onto the iconic California beach towns and wine country. Enter this sweepstakes from Dec 17, 2020 to Feb 23, 2021.
Here’s the Trip We Planned for You!
The winner will get inspired for their road trip with the beautiful coffee table book: Atlas of National Parks by NatGeo Books. Including stunning photos, histories and information about 59 of America’s national parks. The winner will also receive detailed waterproof and tear-resistant NatGeo Yosemite trail maps and the NatGeo Guide to National Parks.
Start: San Francisco
- 2-night stay at BEI San Francisco including grab-n-go breakfast for two and complimentary parking – www.beihotelsf.com
Cruise to Alcatraz Island, the infamous prison in San Francisco Bay.
The view of the famous prison, Alcatraz Island from the San Francisco Wharf
A garden on Alcatraz Island
- Two adult day tour tickets to Alcatraz Island with Alcatraz Cruises, the only authorized concessioner that brings visitors on the island – www.alcatrazcruises.com
Outdoor Lounge at Rush Creek Lodge’s spa
The Dead Giant in the Tuolumne Sequoia Grove in Yosemite
The town of Sonora
- 1-night, one room stay at Rush Creek Lodge, a full-service luxury resort (blackout dates may apply) plus one day pass for two people at the spa
- 1-night, one room stay at the Sonora Inn in Historic Downtown Sonora (blackout dates may apply)
- 2-night, one room stay for two at the McCaffrey House B&B in Twaine Harte (blackout dates may apply)
- View more information at VisitTuolumne.com
Hike in Yosemite with Wildland Trekking
El Capitan in Yosemite National Park
Polly Dome (left) and Medlicott Dome (center) bordering Tenaya Lake in Yosemite.
Yosemite sunset from Glacier Point’s View Terrace
- Your choice of day hike tour for two people guided by Wildland Trekking. Pick from hikes such as Cloud’s Rest, Vernal and Nevada Falls, Panorama Trail, Upper Yosemite Falls, Cathedral Lakes, Taft Point and Sentinel Dome. (Hike must be taken in 2020. Must book 60 days in advance directly with Wildland Trekking. Based on availability.)
- View more information at www.wildlandtrekking.com/yosemite/day-hike-tours.html
Visit Yosemite – Madera County
Yosemite Sugar Pine Railroad 10 Curve
The Merced River in Yosemite
Hiking the Mist Trail to Vernal Fall in Yosemite
- 2-night, one room stay at the Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
- Two adult and two child tickets for the Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad’s one-hour narrated steam train ride (2021 season is approximately March-October)
- 7-day pass to Yosemite National Park
- View more information at YosemiteThisYear.com
Parasailing at Farview Beach
Aerial view of Embassy Suites on the beach at Oxnard
The pool at Embassy Suites in Oxnard
- 1-night stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Hotel & Resort
- Parasailing passes for two with Channel Islands Parasail
- View more information at VisitOxnard.com
Ventura State Park
A dolphin at Channel Islands National Park near Ventura
A surfboard bikers enjoying Ventura
- 1-night, one room stay at Best Western Plus Ventura
- Two adult passes for an Island Packers boat day trip to Santa Rosa Island, Channel Islands National Park
- Two 1-hour bike rental passes with Wheel Fun Bike Rentals
- View more information at VisitVenturaCA.com
Santa Maria Valley
Harvesting grapes in Santa Maria Valley
Pizzeria Bello Forno
Couple going for a sunset walk in Cambria
- 2-night, one room stay at the Wine Stone Inn
- VIP wine tasting and cave tour or two people at Cottonwood Canyon Winery
- Dinner for two at Bello Forno
- View more information at SantaMariaValley.com
Old City Hall, now restaurants, in Gilroy, California
The tropical Monarch Garden at Gilroy Gardens, housed inside a 60-foot-tall greenhouse.
Gilroy Premium Outlets Shopping Center where the winner will go on a $250 shopping spree.
- 1-night, one room stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites
- Family pack (admission for 4) to Gilroy Gardens
- $250 gift card for shopping at Gilroy Premium Outlets
- $100 gift certificate to The Milias Restaurant
- View more information at VisitGilroy.com
End: Return to San Francisco
2021 Winner: Christa Vandarwarka from Windcrest, Texas
2020 Winner: Braden Jahr from Saginaw, Mich.
2019 Winner: Joseph Newsome from Greenville, N.C.
2018 Winner: Abhishek Das of Cupertino, Calif.
2017 Winner: Kotaro Ohashi, Brooklyn, N.Y.
2016 Winner: David Thoele, Downers Grove, Ill.