This trip starting in San Francisco takes you to Yosemite National Park and then onto the iconic California beach towns and wine country. Enter this sweepstakes from Dec 17, 2019 to Feb 27, 2020.
Here’s the Trip We Planned for You!
The winner will get inspired for their road trip with the beautiful coffee table book: Atlas of National Parks by NatGeo Books. Including stunning photos, histories and information about 59 of America’s national parks. The winner will also receive detailed waterproof and tear-resistant NatGeo Yosemite trail maps and the NatGeo Guide to National Parks.
Start: San Francisco
- 2-night, one room weekend stay in a deluxe room at the Omni San Francisco Hotel
- Dinner for two with one bottle of wine at Bistro Boudin
- Two tickets to The Escape Game
- PIER 39 Premiere Pass and two tickets to ride The Flyer, a special effects theater experience with motion seats and imagery to simulate flight
- Two adult day tour tickets to Alcatraz Island with Alcatraz Cruises, the only authorized concessioner that brings visitors on the island.
- 2-night, one room stay at Rush Creek Lodge, a full-service luxury resort (blackout dates may apply)
- 2-night, one room stay at Lazy Z Resort in Twain Harte
- 2-night, one room stay at the Royal Olive Manor B&B in Sonora (opening in 2020)
- Four passes for the YARTS bus to Yosemite National Park
- Four excursion train ride tickets for Railtown 1897 State Historic Park
- Package from Black Oak Casino Resort including four $25 free play coupons, four $40 food vouchers and two free games of bowling for four guests OR one hour of Cosmic Bowling
- View more information at VisitTuolumne.com
Hike in Yosemite with Wildland Trekking
- Your choice of day hike tour for two people guided by Wildland Trekking. Pick from hikes such as Cloud’s Rest, Vernal and Nevada Falls, Panorama Trail, Upper Yosemite Falls, Cathedral Lakes, Taft Point and Sentinel Dome. (Hike must be taken in 2020. Must book 60 days in advance directly with Wildland Trekking. Based on availability.)
- View more information at www.wildlandtrekking.com/yosemite/day-hike-tours.html
Visit Yosemite - Madera County
- 2-night, one room stay at the Queens Inn by the River (Not valid holiday periods.)
- Two adult and two child tickets for the Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad's one-hour narrated steam train ride (2020 season is approximately March-October)
- Two adult tickets for a full-day narrated tour of Yosemite with Discover Yosemite Tours including lunch and park fees
- $25 local shopping gift certificate
- $25 local dining certificate
- View more information at YosemiteThisYear.com
- 1-night stay in an Ocean View King Room at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
- Two adult passes for an Island Packers boat day trip to Anacapa Island
- Two 1-hour bike rentals
- View more information at VisitVenturaCA.com
Santa Maria Valley
- 1-night, one room stay at the Historic Santa Maria Inn
- VIP wine tasting experience or two people at Cambria Winery
- Santa-Maria style dinner for two people at the Far Western Tavern
- View more information at SantaMariaValley.com
- 1-night, one room stay at the Hilton Garden Inn
- Personal tour for four of the Solis Winery Barrel Room by owner Vic Vanni
- Family pack (admission for 4) to Gilroy Gardens
- $250 gift card for shopping at Gilroy Premium Outlets
- $100 gift certificate to The Milias Restaurant
- View more information at VisitGilroy.com
End: Return to San Francisco
2019 Winner: Joseph Newsome from Greenville, N.C.
2018 Winner: Abhishek Das of Cupertino, Calif.
2017 Winner: Kotaro Ohashi, Brooklyn, N.Y.
2016 Winner: David Thoele, Downers Grove, Ill.